Monday, November 28, 2011

Isn't Renault a Car?

I was visiting a friend this weekend, and he presented me with a selection of Cognac. I tried the one I didn't know, a Renault Carte Noir. I'll admit I'm not a connoisseur, but I do like Cognac. And this one was pretty good. Of course, my friend didn't have proper glasses, but I honestly don't mind. Shot glasses did the trick.

What did it taste like? Well, according to the homepage of Renault Cognac, it's sweet flavored vanilla and honey. I'd rather say it was fruity flavored, with a strong presence of citrus. It was slightly short in the taste, but appropriately bitter. A good combination of spices and  fruit made for repeated shots.

Doesn't Renault make cars? My pepper grinder says Peugeot. I can only assume that all big French corporations have a culinarian department. Just like all big German companies have a beer and sausage department. And all big American companies have a fast food chain....

No comments: