Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Baked Creamy Chicken

I'm not sure what to call this, but it's nothing special really. Oven baked chicken, and a cream sauce with mushroom and broccoli. I was a bit indecisive whether to place the chicken fillets directly in the pan, or have them on a grate. I ended up using my cheese graters, but I'm not sure if it had any effect what so ever. The idea was that juices from the fillets would drip down, leaving the chicken crisp - and the juices would be used for the sauce. Of course, there are almost no fat in a fillet, so not really a lot of juices for the sauce. Certainly not enough to leave a significant imprint on the sauce.


Chicken was in the oven for 20 minutes at 225 degrees C, but it could easily have been 250. Rub garlic, basil and oil on the fillets first.
Sauce is made by frying spring onion and adding cream. Fry some heavily peppered mushrooms in lots of butter. Steamed broccoli adds some color. Enjoy.

No comments: